Welcome to our online hub for resources and other updates on education post-2015.
The hub includes presentations, blogs, papers, submissions to consultations, and other materials by the EFA Global Monitoring Report team on the subject of ‘Education post 2015’.
You will also find a list of resources relevant to the ongoing debates. If you have suggestions of information to include on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘#edpost2015’ in the subject heading.
New EFA Global Monitoring Report data proves education transforms development. The analysis provides fresh proof that investing in education, especially for girls, alleviates extreme poverty through securing substantial benefits for health and productivity, as well as democratic participation and women’s empowerment. To unlock education’s transformative power, however, new development goals must go further to ensure that all children benefit equally not only from primary education but also from good quality secondary schooling.
- View the infographics
- Read the press release | French | Spanish
- Download the Education Transforms Lives booklet | French | Spanish | Arabic
- Download the Education Transforms Posters A2 size part 1 | A2 size part 2 | A3 size part 1 | A3 size part 2
GMR Proposed post-2015 education goals: emphasizing equity, measurability and finance. Draft. March 2013.
Video - Pauline Rose talks about the importance of focusing on equity in education in the post 2015 development goals.
We welcome your feedback to our proposed goals. Please send your comments to email@example.com with #edpost2015 in the subject line.
- 'Lessons from EFA goals for setting and monitoring goals post-2015', presentation given at the Global Education for All Meeting, Oman, May 2014
- 'Monitoring global progress towards education goals - Issues for the future', presentation given at the Global Education for All Meeting, Oman, May 2014
- 'The big push to 2015 and beyond', presentation given at the Global Education for All Meeting, Oman, May 2014
- 'Aid for education after 2015: Lessons from the past decade', presentation given at Mokoro Seminar, Oxford, January 2014
- 'Education post-2015: Equity, measurability and finance', presentation given at EU Member States Education and Development Experts Meeting, Brussels, May 2013
- 'Jordan national WorldWeWant consultation', February 2013
- 'Learning lessons for post-2015', presentation given at UKFIET, December 2012
> The World We Want consultation comments
- United Nations The Road to Dignity by 2030: Ending Poverty, Transforming All Lives and Protecting the Planet - Synthesis Report of the Secretary-General on the Post-2015 Agenda. New York, UN.
- Anne Sørensen, IBIS in collaboration with Anjela Taneja, GCE. PowerPoint: Reviewing the synthesis report with an education lens. Copenhagen, IBIS.
- Save the Children Response to the UN Secretary General’s Synthesis Report on the Post-2015 Agenda: The Road to Dignity by 2030. Paris, UNESCO.
- UNESCO GMR World Education Blog Series on the Dakar process. Paris, UNESCO.
- UNESCO GMR World Education Blog Series on measuring progress in education outcomes post-2015. Paris, UNESCO.
- UNESCO. 2014 Global EFA Meeting - Joint proposal of the EFA Steering Committee on Education Post-2015. Paris, UNESCO.
- EFA GMR. Concept note for EFA GMR 2015. Paris, EFA Global Monitoring Report.
- EFA GMR. EFA Global Monitoring Report 2013/4. Paris, EFA Global Monitoring Report.
- Stephanie Allan, 2014. Mokoro Seminar Report - Aid for Education after 2015. Oxford, UK: Mokoro
- Rose, P. and Steer, L. 2013. Financing for global education: opportunities for multilateral action. Paris and Washington, D. C.: EFA Global Monitoring Report and Center for Universal Education at the Brookings Institution.
- UNESCO. 2013. Trends in aid to education: Lessons for post-2015. Paris, EFA global Monitoring Report. (Policy Paper #11.)
- UNESCO. 2013. Education for All is affordable - by 2015 and beyond. Paris, EFA global Monitoring Report. (Policy Paper #6.)
- UNESCO. 2012. Reaching out-of-school children is crucial for development. Paris, EFA Global Monitoring Report. (Policy Paper #4.)
- EFA GMR 2013 Education for All Global Monitoring Report Teaching and Learning for Development (Concept Note.)
Hyperlinks to other websites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information, documents and materials contained in those other websites on the part of UNESCO. These Hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement by UNESCO of the validity, accuracy or views expressed in those other websites.